We are looking forward to opening and serving our many wonderful patients in the community. The health and safety of our therapists and patients is our number one concern, listed below are important measures we’ve put in place to create a safe environment.
- Verbal and written COVID-19 pre-screening questions and consent required for all patients. All patients will have to confirm the following:
- They have not left BC in the last 14 days.
- They are not currently sick with COVID-19.
- They have not come into contact with someone who is sick with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- They have filled out the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment tool online within 24 hours of the appointment.
- They have washed their hands for at least 20 seconds before entering the treatment room.
- They consent to treatment knowing that while we’ve taken measures to minimise risk of viral transmission, the nature of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room.
- In the current environment of COVID-19 risk, informed consent requires that patients are informed that:
- any massage therapy treatment involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission;
- the RMT is following a protocol to reduce or mitigate risk, but that risk cannot be reduced to zero;
- the patient consents to treatment despite some risk; and
- the RMT documents the patient’s consent.
Mountainview Movement’s Required Protocol
- One day prior to the patient’s appointment, Mountainview Movement will call to connect personally with every patient to ask them to complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool. We will tell patients to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of sense of smell. If patients are experiencing these symptoms and have not been tested for COVID-19, we will recommend that they do so and call 8-1-1.
- Mountainview Movement RMT’s must use the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool daily, and will be asked to stay home/cancel appointments if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Mountainview Movement will have Personal Protective Equipment readily available for patients and therapists including: eye goggles, single use face masks, and gloves. It is required to respect a patient’s individual personal boundaries and support their requests for PPE to be worn by either individual.
- Mountainview Movement has increased the time between patients to 20 minutes to allow for plenty of time for thorough consent and communication, as well as enough time to continue our standards of cleaning high touch areas in between each patient.
- Mountainview Movement will continue to relax our cancellation policy to ensure honesty and compliance with pre-screening questions.
- All practitioners who share the practice environment have a common understanding of new operating procedures and that all practitioners consistently apply the procedures. They are required to read and sign our Restart Plan for COVID-19
- Donning and doffing mask: wash hands with soap and water prior to putting on a mask, prior to taking off a mask, and after disposing of a mask in the laundry or garbage (cloth or paper/disposable). This will be completed given that it is required for patients to wash their hands before entering the treatment room. RMT’s hands should already be washed when putting on a mask as they would have done this after treatment and cleaning the room as per the required protocols set out in this return to practice document for Mountainview Movement. Patients should throw away the mask properly outside of the treatment room and then immediately wash or sanitize their hands. Therapists are allowed to use the masks for the day providing they have not accidentally touched their face or if the mask has brushed against a patient or surface area.
- Physical distancing will be in place and clearly marked in the hallway, bathrooms, and outside treatment rooms by maintaining 2 metres / 6 feet of distance in clinic areas other than the treatment room.
- We will require all patients to complete proper hand washing and/or sanitized before entering the treatment room and before leaving the building. Therapists have always been required to wash their hands properly before and after treatments which will continue to be mandatory.
- We will continue to have alcohol based hand sanitizer available outside and inside treatment rooms.
- Mountainview Movement will include in their communication to the public that coronavirus can be spread by touch if a person has used their hand/s to cover a cough or a sneeze. This information should also be shared by the RMT to the therapist when explaining our requirement for no face touching.
- Mountainview Movement and RMT’s will suggest patients use a tissue if an itch must be addressed. Tissues will be provided to therapists and patients by Mountainview Movement.
- If a Mountainview Movement RMT is accustomed to sweating during their work, a head band should be used, or a hand towel should be available to wipe the forehead and face as required to avoid sweat from dripping into eyes necessitating touch.
- Mountainview Movement will remove extra throw blankets and water glasses until further notice as these can not be immediately sanitized after every use. Patients and therapists will be asked to bring their own water. Massage table heavy blankets and heat pads should not touch the patient directly to allow for continued use.
- It’s required of RMT’s to clean and disinfect all high-touch surfaces in between patients, regardless of appearance. Mountainview Movement will provide appropriate cleaning supplies for all RMT’s.
- Linens will continue to be single use only, then laundered in hot soapy water. RMT’s hands are required to be sanitized and clean before handling clean sheets.
- Mountainview Movement will require RMT’s to place a clean sheet over the fabric chair inside the studio for single use only.
- It will be required that patients must arrive unaccompanied unless the patient is a minor who requires parent/guardian, or infirm and needs assistance. They should only arrive a few minutes prior to their treatment to limit gatherings.
- Mountainview Movement will be scheduling 20 minutes between each appointment for every RMT to allow for RMT to thoroughly clean the treatment room. They are required to:
- Sanitize the treatment table and table adjustment levers after each treatment.
- Clean the face cradle (one more time) and armrests (if used) in front of the patient, to maintain trust.
- Clean equipment and supplies (table levers, lotion bottles, etc.) immediately after each patient.
- Mountainview Movement will continue to clean and disinfect all contact areas several times a day (bathrooms, elevators, buttons). We will ensure that soap is available for hand washing, clean material for drying, and wipes (or paper towels, tissues) are available for doors and touch-surfaces.
- If any of Mountainview Movement’s RMT’s also work at other locations, they are required to be particularly conscientious about others’ safety protocols while also maintaining their own protocol.
We are working tirelessly to make sure we stay on top of any new protocols or requirements to make sure we remain open for our community.
Should you have any queries or further questions you can email [email protected] or call us on our number at +1 978 674 5857